Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bad Drivers

I participate in a carpool. By participate I mean sleep 3/4 of the month when it isn't my turn to drive the rest of my coworkers to work.

Well I woke up in a relatively energetic/good mood last day. So I thought I'd save my neck and stay awake for the 35min car ride to work at 6:15 am. Because I'm usually asleep I really didn't realize how bad of a driver one of them was.

Turning right at a red light, she was inches away from creaming a guy on a bike. Enough to make the 2 half asleep men in the back shout out WOAH! She apologizes and keeps driving. The whole way to work she stays in the passing lane, lets cars pass her, and then she passes them 5 min later....but never switches back and ends up slowing down again, forcing people to pass in the wrong lane.

*Work*

On the way home, there is heavy traffic leaving the plant. Looking both ways before turning onto the highway, she forgot another valuable place to look... forward. Again, waking the passengers from their sleepy bliss to shout STOP!! She giggles and says "sorry, I'm a scary driver." (I agree silently) Now to any other driver on the highway, her driving definatly was worrying. She was swerving across the lanes, onto the rumblestrip, back the other way, etc. because she was texting on her cell phone the entire trip back. Fun times. I thought we'd get pulled over for what appeared to be drunk driving =P. Well we get back into town and she pulls up to a light. We intend to turn left and she misses the arrow due to traffic, no worries, we'll go when it's yellow right? Well she pulls halfway into the intersection, like one should, but when the light turns yellow...then red. She doesn't turn! Now the other cars are trying to go around her... she says " I guess I'm a bit far out" and starts backing up. Why didn't she just finish the turn!? That's legal. Backing up is not! It's a pet peeve of mine heh. Well she makes the turn next time (wide at that...all her turns usually end up in the other lane, even though she has a tiny car. I find it amusing when cars in the oncoming lane have to stop because she on their side...) and stops at the first house to drop one guy off. In the middle of the road she stops dead. This road has traffic too. She drops the rest of us off again, in the middle of the road... I had to wait because cars were coming lol. I was scared I was going to get hit! It's not like there aren't places to pull over, both streets are always empty of cars, she just chooses to not pull up.

There are some other stories, but I think you gathered the jist of my rant.

L2Drive people! No one is perfect but... my god.

1 comment:

Mike Hawke said...

She must be from Florida :)