Thursday, January 11, 2007

Beary Cute

Morning. I think I may be getting use to getting up early. Bed is so dang confortable (except when I need to sleep) that I miss spending as much time as possible in it. What is this thing called morning or breakfast??

Anyways I figured I'd post a pic of a portion of my final ceramic project from last semester. It's stoneware, not meant for sculpting as I found out, but can be fired at a high temperature (which I didn't even use the glazes for). I use acrylics on it just because I'm a bum.
So yah, he isn't very big, the second half of this project was Mondie, but she didn't turn out very well and I haven't put much effort into making her look good. But this baby druid in bear form is cute, except for the symbol on his arm. This is what I get for doing things out of memory. I knew there would be a few things not quite right. Who needs references...it was only a final project =P.
I learn how to weld today in sculpture, my first project is something with rebar, but I don't know what yet. I guess I'll keep you updated =).

1 comment:

j.k.a said...

that looks awesome amber! I wounldn't be able to pull it off even looking at a picture...lol

good luck with welding!